The first poem that I'm going to post I actually wrote 6 years ago. I consider it my first real poem, I did silly little rhyming ones when I was younger, but who doesn't? Anyways, I feel like this poem needs an explanation. I wrote it for an English class my Sophomore year of high school. The assignment was to write a poem to the same iambic pentameter as Poe's The Raven. Is it any good? At the point I was in life, yes. I think so at least. I mean, I was 15 years old when I wrote it and it's oh so obviously about a boy. I still remember who, but I'm not telling. I'm showing you this for 2 reasons. One being that it made me realize that I could write. Two being so that you can see how much better I've gotten. You don't have to love it. I don't really care. I'm still impressed by it. If I rewrote it now it would be so much better, but I believe that you should never rewrite a poem once it's done. Editing is a must. But once it's out there as a finished poem, I believe it's set in stone. Plus I enjoy reading the long lost memory of this poem, the emotions I felt they are all coming back to me, but in a good way. It means my poetry still creates a feeling. Anyways, here it is.
Invisible
Have you ever stopped to notice me, not once or twice, never,
Its not like you could ever care for me because you are not able,
And the chance that you know my name, you're treating my heart like some game,
I could never do the same, loving me would only be a fable!
You don't have the abilities, like I said it's just a fable—
I am just, Invisible!
Dead to you is all I am; I could never be a friend,
But this torture will never end because this feeling I can't disable.
Endless days lead to endless nights, — it's something that I cannot fight
Although I try with all my might, dreaming that you'll enable—
No! Loving me is just something that you will never enable. —
Like I said, Invisible!
No comments:
Post a Comment