Promises whispered in my ears,
Things I wish I didn’t hear.
Those words you used to annihilate
My beating heart,
Which you did break.
Those feelings of pain I held inside,
And every time I saw you the more I died.
Falling deeper and deeper into a pit of despair,
I called out for help but no one was there.
Abandoned and alone,
There was no use,
I started tying knots
And creating my noose.
When a hand reached out and He held on tight,
Then a voice said
“Keep holding on, it will be alright.”
He took my heart and He made it new,
Then He said
“I have a gift for you.”
He gave me a chance to try again,
To have a passion and a reason to live.
Things were great and He stayed by my side,
But somehow something caused us to divide.
My heart is fractured and I stand here broken and confused.
I’m spinning out of control,
I have no direction,
When a menacing voice offers me protection.
This shadowy figure emerges from below,
He says
“I’ve got you this time and I’m not letting go!”
He laughs as I look around trying to escape,
But there is nowhere to run to and I am forced to stay.
“I have something of yours,” He says, “Put it to good use.”
It appeared in his hands and he gives me my noose.
I look up towards the sky,
But instead I see dirt and realize I’m being buried alive.
“Get me out of here!” I cried,
Taking my very last breath.
As my world goes dark,
Thoughts are running through my head.
‘Could I be dreaming this or am I actually dead?’
Then that familiar voice, so soft and kind, says
“I’ve always been here because you are mine,
Don’t let this guy trick you,
For you are not dead,
Wake up from your slumber,
It’s all in your head.”
I open my eyes and I see my life,
But I’m afraid that my passion for it has died.
“How could you?” I yelled,
“I almost lost everything. In fact his offer was so much more tempting!”
Tears filled His eyes as He listened to me rant.
“This is all your fault,
My forgotten past, it came back!
It called to me like a siren’s song.
Then you left me back there to fight it alone!”
He looked at me and said
“You left my heard,
Became my little lost sheep,
And I kept looking for you.
I fought through a storm,
But I wouldn’t give up until I brought you back home.”
“If you did all that for me, then why am I still mad at you?”
“Because your mind just can’t comprehend all the love that I have for you.”
Things I wish I didn’t hear.
Those words you used to annihilate
My beating heart,
Which you did break.
Those feelings of pain I held inside,
And every time I saw you the more I died.
Falling deeper and deeper into a pit of despair,
I called out for help but no one was there.
Abandoned and alone,
There was no use,
I started tying knots
And creating my noose.
When a hand reached out and He held on tight,
Then a voice said
“Keep holding on, it will be alright.”
He took my heart and He made it new,
Then He said
“I have a gift for you.”
He gave me a chance to try again,
To have a passion and a reason to live.
Things were great and He stayed by my side,
But somehow something caused us to divide.
My heart is fractured and I stand here broken and confused.
I’m spinning out of control,
I have no direction,
When a menacing voice offers me protection.
This shadowy figure emerges from below,
He says
“I’ve got you this time and I’m not letting go!”
He laughs as I look around trying to escape,
But there is nowhere to run to and I am forced to stay.
“I have something of yours,” He says, “Put it to good use.”
It appeared in his hands and he gives me my noose.
I look up towards the sky,
But instead I see dirt and realize I’m being buried alive.
“Get me out of here!” I cried,
Taking my very last breath.
As my world goes dark,
Thoughts are running through my head.
‘Could I be dreaming this or am I actually dead?’
Then that familiar voice, so soft and kind, says
“I’ve always been here because you are mine,
Don’t let this guy trick you,
For you are not dead,
Wake up from your slumber,
It’s all in your head.”
I open my eyes and I see my life,
But I’m afraid that my passion for it has died.
“How could you?” I yelled,
“I almost lost everything. In fact his offer was so much more tempting!”
Tears filled His eyes as He listened to me rant.
“This is all your fault,
My forgotten past, it came back!
It called to me like a siren’s song.
Then you left me back there to fight it alone!”
He looked at me and said
“You left my heard,
Became my little lost sheep,
And I kept looking for you.
I fought through a storm,
But I wouldn’t give up until I brought you back home.”
“If you did all that for me, then why am I still mad at you?”
“Because your mind just can’t comprehend all the love that I have for you.”
No comments:
Post a Comment